NORTH DEVON RAILWAY
LONDON & SOUTHWESTERN RAILWAY
Originally opened as Okehampton Road and was the terminus until the viaduct was completed in 1867 allowing trains to reach Okehampton. At which time it was renamed as Belstone Corner, the name of the hamlet It is situated in. It was later renamed again as Sampford Courtenay the nearest town, some two miles away.
One platform was restored by the Dartmoor railway some years ago, but upon our visit in 2014 when heritage trains were not running it was looking a tad tired. The other platform remains overgrown and the shelter in a severe state of disrepair.