The Bere Alston & Callington Railway
Plymouth Devonport & South Western Junction Railway
BR Southern Region
CALLINGTON ROAD/KELLY BRAY
Opened in March 1908 and built by Colonel Stephens, the much celebrated light rail engineer, as the terminus of a branch line from Bere Alston it was actually in the village of Kelly Bray one mile north of the centre of Callington. It was operated by the Plymouth Devonport and South Western Junction Railway (PD&SWJR) right through to the 1923 grouping when it becam part of the Southern Railway.
Rights were obtined to extend the line into Callington its self, but were never realised.