Exe Valley Railway
Great Western Railway
BR Western Region
Opened on 1 August 1884 on the west side of Bampton. It was a passing place so had two platforms for passengers and also a goods shed. It dispatched a lot of stone from local quarries. It was renamed "Bampton (Devon)" in June 1911 to avoid confusion with another GWR Bampton station in Oxfordshire.
Little trace exists today as the station was demolished, and the cutting in which it was situated was largely filled in after the line closed.