The Bere Alston & Callington Railway
Plymouth Devonport & South Western Junction Railway
BR Southern Region
Closed Beyond Gunnislake
BERE ALSTON STATION & JUNCTION
An unstaffed halt opened for passenger traffic on 2 June 1890 by the Plymouth, Devonport and South Western Junction Railway as an intermediate station on that company's line from Lydford to Devonport, which – being in effect an extension of the London and South Western Railway's main line from London Waterloo station to Lydford, enabling the LSWR to reach Plymouth independently of the Great Western Railway – was immediately leased to the LSWR.
A new line from Bere Alston to Callington opened throughout to passengers and freight traffic on 2 March 1908. Regauging and some realignment of the ECMR line having been undertaken in 1907-1908; ordinary traffic was only interrupted for two days during the conversion.