Kingsbridge & Salcombe Railway
Great Western Railway
BR Western Region
Opened in December 1893 the stone built station served the town and the surrounding area and was the terminus station of the single track branch GWR line from the junction station of South Brent.
The station was also the railhead for the town of Salcombe. Work was started on construction of the extension of the line from Kingsbridge to Salcombe but work was soon abandoned. Popular for both local and leisure travel the station ironically saw a 25% increase in traffic during its last year of operation
Despite a great deal of local opposition, the station was closed for freight and passengers on 16 September 1963, and the site is now covered by an industrial estate.