Exeter & Crediton Railway
London & South Western Railway
BR Southern Region
BR Western Region
Newton St Cyres
Opened on 12 May 1851 the station is actually north of the village at a hamlet of Sweetham. Today it is a lightly used request stop where not all trains are scheduled to stop. Passengers have to board or alight under supervision of the train conductor due to the large discrepancy between platform and train floor heights.
There appear to be signs that there was once a small siding behind the derelict Northbound platform, but to date no written evidence has been unearthed in research.
Looking north through the station giving a clear view of the remnants of the former up pkatform
Looking south towards Exeter from mid platform
Track north through the road bridge