The Bere Alston & Callington Railway
Plymouth Devonport & South Western Junction Railway
BR Southern Region
Opened in March 1908 as Stoke Climsland. It had a 225' platform, all built by Colonel Stephens, the much celebrated light rail engineer, on the branch line from Bere Alston to Callington. It was operated by the Plymouth Devonport and South Western Junction Railway (PD&SWJR) right through to the 1923 grouping when it became part of the Southern Railway.
Trains pulled into the Down side with a loop siding on the Up side. A minor road crossed over the line on a girder bridge immediately to the west of the station. There was a further siding on the Down side at the Gunnislake end of the platform, apparently this siding boasting a carriage shed for some years, being taken out of use on 31 March 1923. There clearly having been a major rationalisation by the new Southern Railway after grouping as the original ground-level signalbox on the Up side at the Callington end of the loop, was reduced to a ground-frame at the same time. A separate small ground-frame worked the Gunnislake end of the loop siding. The loop siding was taken out of use on 23 September 1962, presumably as part of attempted savings prior to the Beeching Report. The station itself was closed on 5 November 1966 as a result of that report.
The station house and trackbed are now in private ownership.