The Bere Alston & Callington Railway
Plymouth Devonport & South Western Junction Railway
BR Southern Region
BERE ALSTON STATION
An unstaffed halt opened for passenger traffic on 2 June 1890 by the Plymouth, Devonport and South Western Junction Railway as an intermediate station on that company's line from Lydford to Devonport, which – being in effect an extension of the London and South Western Railway's main line from London Waterloo station to Lydford, enabling the LSWR to reach Plymouth independently of the Great Western Railway – was immediately leased to the LSWR.