North Devon Railway
London & South Western Railway
BR Southern Region
Opened 1 August 1854. From the beginning only having the one platform, and goods sidings including the Ambrosia factory. After a time, a second (northbound) platform was added, but due to space constraints was sited on the other side of the A377 road bridge. A small booking office was located on the platform, but was only occupied during the few minutes prior to a train's arrival. In 1990 the goods yard was the destination of a weekly fertilizer train.] Although this platform has been removed, the loop was still in place but disused. By June 2012 the loop had been removed and the track "plain lined".
A bridge over a river to the south of the station shows that many structures were built for dual lines, but between Copplestone and Umberleigh the line has always been single track and these structures have never been used.