West Exe

Exe Valley Railway

Great Western Railway

BR Western Region

Line Closed

 

 

West Exe Halt

Opened on 19 March 1928 to serve the western side of Tiverton and Heathcoat's Mill, a major employer in the town. It was equipped with a wooden shelter, and the original 109 feet (33 m) platform was almost doubled in length in May 1937. It was generally unstaffed, but at busy times a porter was sometimes sent from Tiverton to collect and sell tickets Tiverton station continued to be served from Tiverton Junction until 5 October 1964 (passengers) and 5 June 1967 (goods).