Exe Valley Railway
Great Western Railway
BR Western Region
opened in 1848 as the terminus station of a broad gauge branch line from the Bristol and Exeter main line at Tiverton Junction. It was reconstructed with extra platforms in the 1880s to accommodate the Exe Valley trains.
After the closure of the Stoke Canon to Morebath line, Tiverton continued to be served from Tiverton Junction until 5 October 1964 (passengers) and 5 June 1967 (goods).