Exe Valley Railway
Great Western Railway
BR Western Region
The first of the small stations that were opened along the line during the 1920s. A simple platform with a corrugated iron pagoda shelter was opened for passengers on 9 June 1924.
The siding near the level crossing having been provided when the line opened. The crossing keeper had a cottage and small signal cabin, both of which have survived as a house.