Cadleigh

Exe Valley Railway

Great Western Railway

BR Western Region

Line Closed

 

Cadleigh & Bickleigh

Cadleigh

Opened on 1 May 1885 to serve the villages of Cadeleigh and Bickleigh and was therefore known as 'Cadeleigh and Bickleigh' until 1 May 1906 when it was changed to just 'Cadeleigh'. As a passing place it had two platforms and also a busy goods yard. After the railway was closed it was used by the county council, but in 1997 it was sold and is now used as the Devon Railway Centre.